Friday, August 14, 2009

Summer lovin'


Gabriela likes us to sing to her. Lots. She even likes it when we sing random sentences. I guess she is into that kind of cadence or rhythm or something. She wants to hear the same songs over and over (good for her, not so much for us).


She is such an amazing child. She is very good about going to sleep (knock on wood). We read a few books and we sing a few songs. Then she has us "talk" to her stuffed animals. We tell them to keep her safe and warm and help her have good dreams. Then it's kisses and good night and we leave and she goes to sleep. Right now she really likes doing butterfly kisses and Eskimo kisses. She will grab your head and move it side to side to rub against hers.


She also really loves bath time. Her daddy plays Led Zeppelin and they dance and sing and play with the water. They always have a great time and it is all I can do to keep from going in there. I do my best to keep from doing that, though, because that is their together time.


She starts ballet class next Saturday with Ms. Judith, whom I used to teach for. We already bought her leotards and her tights and shoes. She had a great time doing that. I don't know who is more excited, but I am certain that she will have a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment